A wonderful fellow blogger has recently nominated my for the Blogger Recognition Award!
I was nominated by Rasha Akar from Simply Rasha for the Blogger Recognition Award. Rasha is a London based travel and food blogger and social media manager who loves writing about her travels and also a lot about the food she eats!
THANK YOU so much Rasha! It’s an honour to be nominated and I am truly grateful to be accepting the award!
What exactly is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. This idea behind the award is to recognize the dedication and hard work that is needed to write new, interesting and engaging content and to keep your blog updated and relevant.
How does the Blogger Recognition Award work?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a blog post to show your award.
- Provide a short story of how your blog started.
- Give tow pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you have created.
How my blog started
My blog started a little under a year ago, in January 2018.
For me, travelling is more than a hobby or simply spending time away from home. It is an important means to connect with places and people, near and far, which allows me to see the world in new perspectives. At times, it is also something that requires me to step outside of my comfort zone!
I wanted to share my experiences in travelling and inspire others to do the same. I also wanted to connect with other likeminded travellers and bloggers so I would get inspiration from others too.
And finally, I also wanted to get better at writing compelling stories and improving my photography skills – two of the most essential requisites in writing a successful blog.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Stay authentic and only write about things you are passionate about. I know, you will have heard this piece of advice left and right already. But there is a good reason for this. In fact, when starting your blog, make sure that you not only write for a future audience but first and foremost for yourself. Write about the things that excite you the most, your thoughts, your ideas and your opinion. In this way, whoever will read your blog will recognize your passion and joy in writing and sharing compelling stories. It is that what will make the come back.
- Set yourself a blogging schedule right from the start. Even when you have just started and only have a small community it is tremendously helpful to have a plan what to write about. Indeed when starting my blog, I first put together a (rough) timetable for the whole year ahead. It kept evolving and changing throughout the year, depending on my actual travels and new ideas. But starting out with a list of planned posts, all my planned and intended travels, dates of interesting events and adding new locations and hotels I was keen to visit over the next few weeks/months helped me to assemble fresh content, more blog ideas and most importantly forced me to finish posts on time.
My nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
There are so many outstanding and truly inspiring blogs out there I love to follow and all of them would be worth given the award. Having to chose 15, below are my picks for the Blogger Recognition Award, slightly biased by my own preference in the type of travel experiences I fancy most.
Just go and check out these guys. You won’t be disappointed.